During this time of year and with Thanksgiving coming up later this week many people like to reflect on what has happened in the past year and what they are thankful for. At the same time many people forget to reflect and be thankful because they are so focused on preparing for the holidays and such.
I decided to sit down this week and make a list of things I am thankful for this year because I tend to be one of those people that overlook the reason for these holidays in the moment.
Here is a list of the things I am the most thankful for in my life…
- That I am alive- Sometimes it feels like I am not grateful enough to be just existing alone. It’s not something we think about too much but it’s so important to be happy to just be living your life.
- That I have a job – Often I (and probably some of you) don’t want to go to work. I wake up and there is nothing I would love more than to just sleep in and watch Netflix all day, but at the same time I would hate to bored all day most days. Plus my job obviously pays me so I can do the things I love on my free time.
- That I have free time as well- I don’t work full time right now, but I feel that it’s a good thing because it allows me to have enough time to work on my blog.
- That I am in a loving relationship- My relationship with my boyfriend is new to me this year and it’s one of the most important things in my life and I am so thankful for him.
- That I don’t have a broken family- It breaks my heart to hear some of the people who I know say they don’t know what they are doing for thanksgiving because of how broken and crazy their family’s are. I am so grateful for my loving family.
Sometimes you don’t realize all the great things you have until you sit down and think about it, but also all the bad things can really be there to work out for your benefit so they can often be blessings in disguise.
Tell me what you are thankful for in the comments!!!
Thank you for reading my post and be sure to like it and share it with your friends. Follow for more awesome content as well…