Keeping my hair healthy has been a struggle for me over the past several years, and it’s always been so important to me. We all want long, beautiful, shiny hair, but it’s a little harder than it looks. It doesn’t have to always be hard though.
Here are some of the tips I’ve learned over the past couple years that I use all the time…
- Stop washing your hair everyday– I’ve noticed more and more people doing this and I stopped washing my hair every single day a couple years ago and I really believe my hair would be ruined by now if I hadn’t. I usually wash my hair every other day although recently I have been trying to wait even longer to wash my hair. (3-4 days)
- Drink lots of water– I have trouble staying on top of my h2o intake but recently I’ve been getting better at it. It’s important to stay hydrated. It will drastically help you hair, skin and nails if you try to drink at least 2-3 bottles of water a day.
- Use a softer brush– I know everyone needs a different type of brush because we all have different hair but I really feel that when I changed over to a softer brush it was less strenuous on my hair but still got all the tangles out. It really has made a huge difference.
- Avoid dyeing hair– The chemicals used to dye hair are so bad for it. They dry out your hair, especially if you used bleach. Try to look for dye with hydrating oils in them such as argan oil. Also, try to space out your hair dyeing treatments as much as possible.
- Conditioner before shampoo– This tip may seem strange to some, but it’s actually better for your hair to be conditioned first (and let the conditioner sit for a few minutes) and then wash it out and follow with shampoo. This will clean your hair better and allow you to put conditioner on your roots without your hair becoming greasy.
- Try your best to use natural products– Al the chemicals and such in a lot of shampoos and different hair products have damaging chemicals in them. Make sure to avoid sulfates and parabens in your hair and skin products.
- Hair masks– It’s a good idea to treat your hair to nice hair mask every once in a while. Try putting some coconut oil in it or use olive oil and egg yolks to strengthen hair.
- Hair, skin and nails– When I first starting taking these supplements I tried the gummy kind and I have to say they did not work for me. There’s too much sugar in the gummies for me and it only made my hair worse. Then I tried the kind and pill form and it definitely does wonders….I’ll leave the link below the article.
- A healthy diet– This one is a given, and we should always be watching what we eat. I need to work harder on this because our diet really does effect our appearance and our well being.
Hair Product Links:
More helpful posts on this subject:
Thank you for reading my post!! Please like and share it with your friends and don’t forget to follow for more awesome content.